Dieses Jobangebot ist archiviert und steht nicht mehr zur Verfügung.
Vakante Jobangebote finden Sie unter Projekte.

Java Team Lead/Financial Markets

Eingestellt von Levy Associates Ltd

Gesuchte Skills: Java, Engineer, Engineering, Spring



The major financial institution in the Netherlands is looking for a strong Java Team Lead. You are an energetic Java developer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mind-set. This will be your role in the squad for approximately 60% of your time. The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your team and developing your team members. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others and coaching team members and oversee their personal development. You love helping people to grow their mastery.


As an IT Engineer you work on developing and testing high quality applications, at institution that is known for its IT innovations.

As an Engineer you have:

- Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment
- Good knowledge of some of the area of financial markets is desirable for this position
- Strong fundamentals in software design and development
- Competent in Java 7/8 development and relevant frameworks (eg SPRING)
- You will be also working with Calypso, Active Pivot, Murex, asset control of which knowledge is a strong nice-to-have, but the willingness and ability to master these new technologies a must-have
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using continuous delivery tooling such as Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Sonar
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum


You hierarchically oversee a team of 7-10 Engineers, implying the people management. This covers the recruiting of new talents, people administration, personal development and evaluation of your team members.

On top of the experience and specialized knowledge related to its function as an Engineer, the IT Team Lead has:

- Experiences in both engineering and leadership roles in Agile teams
- Experiences in management based on hard and soft data
- Management experience in getting the best out of people, when working with multiple cultures at the same time
- Achieve optimal results by empowering people and giving them responsibility, at the same time provoking them, challenging them and keeping them on the ball; encouraging people to act on their innovative ideas and proposals
- Have a keen IT market focus: you are passionate about major trends in the way of working including, for example, Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Your management approach is based on facts, data and empathy
- Experience in developing and implementing IT policy
- Excellent analytical skills
- Focused on collaboration: sets aside own ego in the interests of achieving the best results - helps others to achieve success


IT for Financial Markets is responsible for the IT environment that enables the most crucial commercial activities of our institution: Trading, Risk Management, and Liquidity Management. We use top notch in-house engineered solutions and market-leading vendor applications like Murex, Calypso, Adaptive Credit Risk, and Documentum to name a few. These systems and applications need to be running virtually 24/7.

Our teams are spread across the globe: the Netherlands, Romania, Belgium, Singapore, UK and India, serving users in over 15 countries worldwide. Our teams are often virtual and the Engineers forming them come from every continent in the world. Therefore, our main language is English.

Working in DevOps Scrum teams we are end-to-end responsible for our software: feature analysis, design, development, implementation and support of the production environment (we build it, we own it). We automate and smarten up everything: deployment, functional/technical/performance testing, system health checks, monitoring plus alerting and anything else that is still done manually. We aim to go to fully self-managing and self-optimizing systems.


  • Einsatzort:

    Amsterdam, Niederlande

  • Projektbeginn:


  • Projektdauer:

    Keine Angabe

  • Vertragsart:


  • Berufserfahrung:

    Keine Angabe

Geforderte Qualifikationen

Levy Associates Ltd

use Date;